Monday, July 2, 2012

You Are Important

One thing I realize about myself is that I spend TOO much time worrying about other people. Unfortunetly, in the negative context. I worry about people I care about hating/not liking me, being upset or mad at me, etc. I hate that I do that, because well, the majority of our worries amount to nothing in the end. Making relationships have always been something I've been pretty good at. But if I have an argument or falling out with someone I care about, my first reaction is that they hate me and we'll never speak again. I think about it everyday, all day. And nothing good comes out of it. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree I guess. I hate not resolving things. If it's something stupid, then obviously we can just forget about it and move on. But if I'm spending days in misery over it, it's clearly not something stupid. It's so hard for me to just "get over it" and pretend nothing happened. But I finally decided to make a decision. Regardless of how hurt I am, how upset I am, or how much stress/worry I have that causes me to feel so many other things, we are ALL important.
                 Instead of turning these last few days of misery into weeks and months of misery, I decided to focus on myself. There's goals I have set, a few of them I am SO close to, but I let my feelings get in the way of succeeding. See, it's more of our mindset, not skill that determines whether or not we will fail or succeed. I want to succeed. There are so many things I want to do, and I can't spend my time being mad at someone else. Someone hurt me? Okay, so I won't worry about them for a while. You gotta know when enough is enough. Not necessarily when to walk away, but give yourself some space, and time. Focus on the things that make you happy, focus on the goals and dreams that YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH, and don't let negative feelings stop you. It is SO important to believe we can do something. If you have all this hatred and negativity inside you because of someone else, you start to look down on yourself. "No one cares about me." "No one loves me." "I'm not, or ever will be good enough." "I can't do it." You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to. There are so many people that love and care about you, but if at the time you don't realize it, God loves and cares about you more than anything. He put you here for a reason; you have a genuine purpose. If you feel alone, look to Him. God will never bring you TO something that he can't bring you THROUGH.
                   God has Blessed me in so many ways, and I'll admit, I haven't always been as appreciative as I should be. I can spend an endless amount of time dwelling on things that have upset me, but I don't make the time to do what really matters. Like I've said before, people can tell when you're genuine and when you're not. If you want to be happy, help someone else be happy. Don't focus on your problems, focus on your victories!

Prayers&Positivity
Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment